Saturday, September 19, 2020
We invite you to join the Usher Syndrome Coalition in celebration of our annual global Usher Syndrome Awareness Day!
In 2015, the Usher Syndrome Coalition declared the third Saturday in September as our global “Usher Syndrome Awareness Day.” It was even entered into the United States Congressional Record!
This day falls near the autumnal equinox in the northern hemisphere, marking the start of days that contain more darkness than light - a powerful metaphor for the threat of Usher syndrome and why we "Own the Equinox" each year at this time.
In support of the Coalition's community-building efforts, here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Become an USH VISIONARY: Sign up to make a monthly donation and accelerate research by connecting the global Usher syndrome community.
- Ask your state, town or region to recognize Usher Syndrome Awareness Day (Check out this guideline for requesting a state proclamation from your governor.)
- Make a one-time tax-deductible donation to the Coalition to celebrate and acknowledge Usher Syndrome Awareness Day.
- Create a Facebook fundraiser to benefit the Usher Syndrome Coalition in honor of Usher Syndrome Awareness Day.
Take a look at some events that took place in 2019 in recognition of Usher Syndrome Awareness Day:
September 14: Camryn's Race for Usher Syndrome | Roanoke. Virginia
September 21: Celebrate with friends and ProTactile ROCKS!! | New York City, NY
September 21: 5 Points Music Foundation to Honor Usher Syndrome Awareness Day with Ana Popovic and New Initiative | Roanoke, Virginia
September 21: USH One See 5K & 10K | Lafayette, Louisiana
September 21: Usher Syndrome Awareness Rally | National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos State, Nigeria
- USH Awareness Day Proclamation | Mississippi
- USH Awareness Day Proclamation | New Jersey
- USH Awareness Day Proclamation | Middletown, NJ
- USH Awareness Day Proclamation | Pennsylvania
- USH Awareness Day Proclamation | Wayne County, PA
- USH Awareness Day Proclamation | Virginia
- USH Awareness Day Proclamation | Minnesota
- USH Awareness Day Proclamation | Washington
- USH Awareness Day Proclamation | Ohio
Are you planning any other events around Usher Syndrome Awareness Day? Let us know and we'll help spread the word!
Thanks to your support and dedication to introducing the world to Usher syndrome, the Coalition is able to continue our work to help and connect all in our community. We look forward to celebrating this day with you.