May 2010: 2nd Annual Usher Syndrome Family Conference
Usher Syndrome Family Conference
Sponsored by Seattle Children’s Hospital, Hear See Hope Foundation and Decibels Foundation.
Friday evening, July 9, 2010
Casual get together for conference attendees at Eastlake Bar and Grill, 2947 Eastlake Ave E, Seattle, WA.
Conference check- in available at Eastlake Bar and Grill.
Appetizers and non alcoholic drinks provided at no charge to conference attendees and their families. Additional food and drink will be available at an additional cost.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Conference held at Seattle Children’s Hospital, Wright Auditorium
4800 Sand Point Way NE • Seattle, WA.
- 8:30-9:00 Conference check- in.
- 9:00-9:10 Welcome by Todd McKittrick, Hear See Hope Foundation
- 9:10-9:40 Overview of Usher syndrome: Dr. William Kimberling, University of Iowa
- 9:40-10:10 Genetics Testing: Speaker TBD
- 10:10-10:30 Q&A with speakers/Break
- 10:35-11:20 Treatments: Dr. Peter Francis, Oregon Health Science University
- 11:20-12:00 Vestibular Testing: Dr. Jim Phillips, University of Washington
- 12:00-12:45 Lunch/Networking/Booths (Box lunches provided)
- 12:45-2:15 Panel Discussion – Living with Ushers
- 2:15-2:30 Break
- 2:30-3:30 Breakout Sessions: “Rrap session”- with young adults living with Usher syndrome
Dual sensory issues – accommodations and modifications available in the classroom and other living situations.
Update of the Latest Research – Dr. Richard Weleber, Oregon Health Science University
- 5:00 Family BBQ at Golden Gardens Beach/Park (adults $10 each, children (3-10) $5 each)